Sunday 22 June 2014

China Glaze 'Heli-yum'

Last year, when I had my first full-year position in a school, I just ended up buying ALL THE POLISH EVER because I could.





This included multiple collections of China Glaze polishes and once I discovered BornPrettyStore in the same year....weeeell I have an impressive array of waterslide decals and rhinestones and dotting tools and brushes and pretty much everything I could ever need really. I keep collecting because I luffs all the shiny things!

I attempted three different manis the other day, unhappy with the first two halfway through so removed them both while watching Kevin Bacon try to kill Meryl Streep on the river in a movie I forget the name of. Later in the evening, I went to my go-to and absolutely favourite shade of pink nail polish ever and pulled out my nail-art decoration supplies.


Outside in Full Sunlight

China Glaze Heli-yum is from their Up & Away collection and is a vibrant, cool-toned, pink creme polish. The formula is GREAT - very opaque, smooth and quick drying. Above is only two thin coats!


Outside in Full Sunlight

On top of the pink I used the Strawberry waterslide decals from BornPrettyStore! I used both the bigger and slightly smaller tip-designs, one full nail design with both strawberries and cherries on it and a smaller text design. The decals themselves were of very high quality, but the only thing that did annoy me a little was that the designs used on the ring and little finger were obviously made for very narrow and rounded nail tips.


Outside in Full Sunlight

My fingernails tend to be more square-shaped and are quite curved and narrow - if you have fingernails even slightly larger than mine you will have problems using them. The other decals were absolutely fine, though if you do purchase because of the seed/stalk design, just be aware that you may not be able to use them as intended.


Outside in Full Sunlight

Outside in Full Sunlight

I really recommend looking up the entire Up & Away collection from China Glaze. I use the shades really often as the whole set is comprised of really good basic shades in both vibrant and pastel tones. It's also quite clearly based loosely off the Pixar movie 'Up' which is a really fantastically sad and wonderfully funny film. I purchase all my China Glaze polishes on Ebay from a few different sellers, though JustChinaGlaze is a specfic Ebay store dedicated to only China Glaze polishes and they give you the option of both single bottles or full collections with worldwide shipping.

BornPrettyStore is an online store based in China that is FILLED with the most amazing nail art gadgets and decorating supplies and it doesn't end there. The amount of things dedicated to makeup and personal grooming is fairly impressive too. Coupons are all over several beauty/nail blogs which is even more incentive! The only small downside is that shipping can take a while sometimes, but I have never had an order take more than about 3 weeks to arrive - you have the option of having free shipping or registered tracking for $3USD. I always choose the tracked option myself.

P.S. I have "acquired" around 30 different bottles of nail polish from all different places that will be arriving in the next few weeks including a new Indie brand I discovered in Canada that make the most intense thermal polishes you have ever seen! Plus the new Kaleidescope World Collection from Doctor Lacquer....SO MUCH EXCITE! Things are gonna get bright and interesting around here....




(Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment