Sunday 6 July 2014

Shiny Cottontips

I haven't been posting as much as I would like to. Part of it is getting around to taking photos of everything and part of it is something else...








I have always been the creative type. Ever since I was small, I have always been making things with whatever I could find around the house. I like to be resourceful with what I have...so with this whole polish collecting thing getting a *tad* out of hand, I figured I could do something about that!




For the past month I have been beavering away with creating my own brand of polish jewellery! I quickly decided on a name and have dubbed my store: Shiny Cottontips.

I have done my research and really wanted to make sure I wasn't simply putting glitter nail polish on glass and leaving it at that. I have really thought about, planned and considered what each item would look like. I wanted all of my things to have that 'Cottontips' feel about them...and not look similar or be exactly the same as many I have seen out there.




I make no shame in admitting that these pieces utilize nail stamping. It can be an incredible art form and I have learned much about layering of images and colour and different glitters in order to create some truly amazing effects.


 

This particular pendant has about 4 different glitters layered in a specific order to get the intense holographic glitter bomb you can see!

Rather than creating one-of-a-kind pieces that could be hard to replicate, I decided to split my creations up into specific collections. I have 7 different collections at the moment: Space themed, Fairytale themed, Japanese themed, Glitter themed, Neon Glow themed and a OOAK themed section for all the trials and experiments that are too beautiful not to share! I also intend to have pop-up seasonal/holiday collections that will coordinate with specific events throughout the year.


Sneaky peaks of some of the items in each collection:


Fairytale Collection
I have always loved Fairytales and stories. I own more Disney movies than I care to mention, but also really appreciate the stories from which those movies originate.


Japanese Collection
I studied Japanese language when I was a kid and have always been fascinated by asian culture. I love to eat traditional asian food and watch more Anime series than I do western television!


Glitter Collection:
There was no way I couldn't have a simple glitter collection. Sometimes simple is better and I have utilized many shades of glitter polish with these pieces.


Neon Glow Collection:
Neon polishes are nearly my absolute favourite for doing gradients on nails. This has carried over onto the jewellery - they also happen to be glow in the dark!


Garden Collection:
I am a bit of a Green Thumb and really enjoy the outdoors. I grow LOTS of my own veges and we have a very interesting garden here at home. Minus the squirrels.


Space Collection:
I love the look of Space, but I will be honest....it freaks me out a WHOLE lot. I was terrified watching the movie Gravity and even had nightmares after. That said, I do appreciate its beauty.


Each collection will be added to with time and more collections will likely appear when I have inspirational moments. While the creative juices have been free-flowing lately, I am also more than willing to take on suggestions!

On to more business-y type things!

I intend to run Shiny Cottontips with a 'made to order' method to ensure that each customer will get maximum satisfaction and a fair degree of customization of each and every item they purchase. Completely custom orders are encouraged!

Prices are as follows:

Pendants with Chain - $16NZD
Pendants without Chain - $14NZD

Earrings - $10NZD per pair. 

At the moment, I am only making stud-earrings and pendants, but I have already made an order for settings for rings and a different style of pendant to experiment with! I intend to branch out further once Shiny Cottontips is more established.

Shipping:

Flatrate in New Zealand: $6NZD per order.
Flatrate for International Customers - $9 per order.

These prices reflect the increase in postage rate that New Zealand Post will be rolling out this month.

You can find a very empty looking Shiny Cottontips over on Etsy.

~~~

OPENING DATE IS 14TH OF JULY!

Along with every listing becoming available on that date, I have set-up a coupon which I will release a few days beforehand so that every new customer for the remaining time in July will recieve 25% off their order. 

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment