Thursday 31 July 2014

In other news....I LOVE YOU IKEA

So this post will be SPR = Semi-Polish Related



So I totally lost all desire and inspiration to do my nails in the past couple of weeks or work on the new Shiny Cottontips jewellery collection idea I had due to ONE reason....


My house is small. There are off/on six adults living here. I mostly work from home, but my Mother also works in Education and it was School Holidays = NO WHERE TO WORK.

Doing my nails had really started becoming a chore. I could only do it when no one was home and I'd always have to drag everything out and then stuff up my nails putting everything back again. It was not an ideal situation.

I had no "me space" so I did absolutely nothing creative. I did start tutoring a new student though, and this means more of the moolah! I think as soon as I realized the kind of pre-payment I was looking at, I immediately started browsing Trademe for a desk. I had actually started looking at desks and the possbility of fitting one into my small bedroom for a while. 

Enter AKIA here in Auckland! They are based on Trademe, but also have a walk-in showroom in Stonefields, Auckland. I found a super awesome desk - the MICKE with shelves on the side! I debated waiting to get a chair too, but then they let me chuck it in and combine shipping! So I have a shiny new SNILLE spinny chair! I love spinny chairs.



 Cat butt and floofy tale included for scale.

They texted about 30mins before they arrived and I started building ASAP. Best part about the SNILLE desk is that it is the same colour as my Helmer and I was able to choose which side to put the drawers on. Fantastic if you are fitting furniture into a small space.



LOOK AT MAH PRETTY WORK AREA!

So after a decent purge of unwanted and unneeded bedroom furniture and junk and a reorganization of everything else. I have a nice little space that is just MINE. I have resolved finally that redecorating and furnishing my bedroom is a top priority that affects my creative process as much as having the flu would. I may have bought 60 rolls of Washi Tape this week also.

With the new desk came a rapid level of creativity that has gone into Shiny Cottontips! I'd been throwing a few ideas around for a new collection ever since I opened the store and as soon as I recieved a birthday gift of some stamping plates, I knew exactly what to do....

Introducing....The Literary Collection

The Literary Collection is a pendant-only collection and has three different reading-related areas. The first is the simple book/reading area with three different 20mm Silver-set pendants. The second is the Hunger Games trio of 16mm pendants, and finally the Game of Thrones quartet with the following four house Sigils: House Stark, House Baratheon, House Targaryen and House Lannister.



These and more are all available at Shiny Cottontips right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment