Monday 5 May 2014

Moyou London Challenge for May!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

 

There is definitely a reason these things are called a 'challenge'.



I mentioned previously that I wanted to participate in the month long nail art challenge that Moyou London is hosting over on Instagram. If you are not familiar with nail art challenges, what happens is that it runs over any month of the year and each day has a set theme. You are challenged to create some interesting/clever/creative nail art that fits that days theme.

 Day 4: "Fantasy" using Dance Legend Celia and Color Club Harp On It stamping.

Indoors with Natural Lighting

This one was a struggle. I had a totally different idea that was NOT panning out and went through two full mani's before I just gave up and settled on holographic stamped rainbows and a Unicorn. I nearly cried, not even kidding...

The beauty with Moyou London's challenge is that their terms state you can only use their nail plates for stamping - I have 19 of them, so no worries there - and that you don't have to participate in every single day's theme to be eligible to win a prize - a whole Moyou nail plate collection *FLAIL*!

Day 5: "Shadows" with OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam, Novel Nail Polish Not Today thermal and silver stamping.
Indoors with Natural Lighting
I was much happier with this one. It was simple to do and had next to no clean-up required. Best part is the monster face sort of disappears when my hands are warm because Not Today is a clear colour when warm and a darker grey when cold - you can see it cold here.

A very early Day 6: "Red" with an assortment of red polishes, striping tape and white stamping made into decals and then applied in certain places.

Inside with Natural Lighting

Today's effort is, by a huge margin, my favourite so far! All the reds I used just glow! I originally had planned just to either choose one and just stamp over it or do a simple gradient and stamp over that. This took two hours just for one hand and I REGRET NOTHING! 

Indoors with Natural Lighting
 The beautiful shimmery red/pink on the thumb is piCture pOlish Scarlett which I highly recommend purchasing! The other reds used were: China Glaze Snap My Dragon, Essie She's Pampered & Jag-u-are.
 
Indoors with Natural Lighting


Over the last couple of days I have also been playing around with photo collages so that I can fit more pics and things into each blog post:




I'm undecided about whether to keep the borders white, black, or to coordinate with the dominant colour in each mani.

If you do not own any Moyou London nail stamping plates, I encourage you to go and visit their website here and have a look! They have a very extensive range of plates with both full-plate and full-nail designs. They also offer XL sized images for those of you with larger nail beds - I am lucky somewhat and find the normal sized ones are perfect. They also ship worldwide for very good rates! 
- Just as a side note regarding Moyou London, you might come across what I feel is very unnecessary and public negative feedback regarding customer service. I want to go on the record and really want to stress that I have been purchasing from them for a year now and have NEVER encountered any situations I have seen discussed in public forums, especially those mentioned on their Facebook page. Every single transaction has been wonderful and timely and the few times I have needed to contact Moyou London, I have had very quick, helpful and adequate responses.
 (Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment