Saturday 17 May 2014

*Teehee* Worble Worble Worble!

Life happened. I have been so busy with tutoring and the Moyou Challenge and I got Tonsillitis again which has meant I have basically just been wearing my PJs for a week (different washed sets, of course!). Managed to do some FUN nail art today though with a new untried Star Kin polish!






Meet Worble!

Indoors in Natural Light

Worble is an indie polish from Star Kin Every Sensory who are based right here in New Zealand! I am so partial to the colour Mint or any light, paler minty-greens or blues. I fell in love as soon as I put this one on.


Indoors with Natural Lighting

Worble is a quite pale minty-aqua creme base and is packed full of matte neon-pink glitters of all shapes and sizes. The squares are the biggest size I found in the bottle and very tiny hexes are the smallest. I even discovered bar glitters and small shreds inside too!
Formula was lovely and smooth, not too thin or thick, but was far more sheer than I expected. It looked very opaque in the bottle and after testing on the thumb, I decided to use Essie Mint Candy Apple as undies for my other four fingers - turns out the Essie is nearly an exact match for the base shade of Worble and it really made the colours pop! It is worth noting that I did have to fudge around a bit to get an even glitter distribution. It was a bit stubborn in coming off the brush. 
Drying time was fair - not extremely quick, but certainly quick enough to have the two coats seen here down in ten minutes. 

Overall, Worble is an amazing colour and had a very good formula and has instantly become a favourite in amongst my many Mint-coloured polishes....there are many. SO many.

I chose this particular shade today because I was trying to get ahead with the Moyou Challenge and therefore also needed to jazz it up a bit with some stamping. I kid you not, the "Candy Man" song from the old version of Willy Wonka was stuck in my head and driving me insane the entire time...


Indoors with Natural Lighting

Super happy with the stamping turnout! I won't disclose the plates I used, but if you have as many Moyou London plates as I have, then you can probably guess anyways. I used plain Konad white and Pearl Pink for the swirls and OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest for the outlines of the candy and filled in with China Glaze Sweet Hook to fill in the details - I did this using the decal method of stamping before applying topcoat and gently placing and smoothing out the design.


Indoors with Natural Lighting

I'm still playing around with doing photo-collages as well and if you haven't been following my efforts on Instagram, I put together a collage of recent entries - plus one random Dance Legend polish I  fell in love with between doing Challenge nail art!




Details of the polishes used in my Challenge entries can be found with each original post on Instagram!  Secretly kind of happy that the Challenge is half-gone now.......I have two boxes of LynB designs on the way and am ITCHING to try them....and I bought a ridiculous amount of supplies to make polish jewellery.....this is maybe why I haven't blogged as much?

If you want to discover a great brand of indie polish, I really recommending going to visit the girls over at StarKinEverySensory and having a browse. I have a handful of their polishes and cuticle oils now and am in love :) Also they make the most intense holographic silver foil polish I have ever seen!




(Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment