Thursday 1 May 2014

All The Buzz




My fiancé loves everything honey-related. He loves to eat it, loves the colour, loves the flavour, but he especially loves honeybees and bumblebees - "Cute and fuzzy!" he says.





I, on the other hand, freak out whenever I see one because I am quite allergic to them. It doesn't stop me enjoying them from a distance though....with nail art! The feature shade today is a beautiful jelly-like shade from L'Oreal called Tweet Me.


Indoors with Natural Light - Left to Right - L'Oreal Tweet Me, China Glaze Mango Madness & OPI What Wizardry Is This?


Tweet Me is a sunny yellow polish with a beautiful golden shimmer to it. The shimmer isn't extremely obvious, but shines through moreso in direct sunlight. The formula was....difficult. It was incredibly streaky and didn't even out on it's own at all. Dry time was fine, but I did find I needed three thicker coats to have it nice and opaque - this meant that I had to wait a fair amount of time before being able to do the stamping overlay to avoid smudging anything.


Outdoors in Sunlight

It isn't the worst polish formula I have ever encountered, but be warned that it's not a slick two-coater by any means.


Indoors in Natural Light

Once I had the lovely honey colour down, I used an OPI What Wizardry Is This? mini to stamp down the honeycomb design. All the stamping designs I used for my Honeycomb nails are found on the Messy Mansion stamping plate MM18. When the honeycomb pattern had dried, I added the simple bee accent design with Konad Black stamping polish.


Indoors in Natural Light

And of course, me being me, I couldn't leave it at that. China Glaze Mango Madness has been used with a dotting tool to create the imitation of honeycomb cells being 'full of honey' in a few places on each nail.

Indoors in Natural Light

I have never been a yellow person really, but I quite enjoyed wearing this design. Fiancé was incredibly enthusiastic about them - he generally feigns interest, so his excitement was quite an anomaly!

I purchased my Tweet Me at a local polish/beauty products sale and am unaware if it is part of a collection or where you might be able to find it. I would begin with a local pharmacy if you are really lemming this yellow!

Messy Mansion stamping plates can be found at their website or on Etsy. Both stores sell the same things so there is no worry purchasing via one or the other - you can see via Etsy that they will be doing a huge re-stock soon and in coming weeks will be releasing some brand new plates too!




(Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment