Thursday 24 April 2014

A Game of Cat and Mouse



-Kitty- Outdoors in Overcast Sunlight

While browsing Etsy.com a while back, I came across the cutest little adjustable Kitty Ring which I then put on my Favourites list. Time passed. I went through my list weeding out things I didn't need/really want and I came across Kitty Ring again. Then I bought it. And a Mouse Ring. And wanted to buy everything in the store!



Auth Fashion is a webstore on Etsy.com that specializes in unique jewellery for both women and men. The items within have a very minimalist and simple design, nothing is too 'out there' or complicated. The majority of items are also hypoallergenic which is fantastic for me because I react fairly strongly to any nickel-based metals.

In my first order, I bought the Kitty ring pictured above and a Mouse ring which were both adjustable and fit my size 9.5 fingers really well!


-Mouse- Outdoors in Overcast Sunlight

I will admit that seeing that the store is based in Korea gave me reservations, as did the cheaper price of the items, but I am thoroughly pleased with the whole purchase. The seller was more than kind and communicative and the language barrier was not an issue at all. My items were shipped quickly and arrived quickly via registered mail, very well packaged and even with a few sweets along for the ride!


-Kitty- Outdoors in Overcast Light

One of the issues that one can find with adjustable rings is the softness of the metal and how bendable they are. I found both my rings to be surprisingly firm, but bendable with gentle to moderate pressure. They are solidly built with a curve that fits my fingers well and they stay on nicely. You could stretch them further for slightly bigger sizes, but beyond size 10 or so might mean they won't stay on well. I could easily wear both for an extended period of time because they aren't too bulky or too heavy.

-Kitty- Outdoors in Overcast Sunlight

The Kitty ring comes in four different metal tones: White Silver, Chrome Silver, Black and Gold. I chose White Silver which you can see here - mostly because my skintone suits silver-toned metals. It has two black faceted stones for eyes and five clear faceted stones on the tail that wraps around the finger. 


-Mouse- Outdoors in Overcast Sunlight

The Mouse ring comes in two metal tones: antiqued silver or antiqued old. Again, I chose the silver toned metal. The Mouse also has two black faceted stones for the eyes which are very eerily reminiscent of an actual mouse's eyes. If you have active hunting cats, you will know what I mean!


-Mouse- & -Kitty- Outdoors in Overcast Sunlight with a bit of rain

Overall I am extremely happy with my purchases and have already planned what I want next. Auth Fashion has such a diverse range of jewellery, especially the range of adjustable animal-themed rings. There is really something to suit everyone and many items would be perfect as gifts. 

You can find Auth Fashion here! Please do go and have a look :)



(Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment