Thursday 10 April 2014

Sweet and Simple

Aurora attempt 2.0 failed miserably so I'm just going to have to get a better camera. That said, I have an equally gorgeous three shades to share today!

Indoor Natural Lighting




I got my Helmer this week and loaded up all my pretty bottles into it and while doing so had an amazing idea for nail art that turned out not so amazing when I tried to do it. It looked good, but I need to a) wait until the polish has properly dried to clean up, and b) think over the execution and colour choice a little more before going ahead with it. I took off the accent nail and before I knew it the ideas had morphed into something unexpected!

What actually happened was an amazing transformation into something that I hadn't even thought of.
A very feminine mani. I do so much bright and cheerful that every now and then I feel the need to return to something softer and more neutral. Featured shade is piCture pOlish's Pirouette which is one of their 'Bijoux Holo' polishes - fancy word for a holo that doesn't shift as strong, but is still there.


Indoor Natural Lighting

What caught my eye with Pirouette was the fact that at certain angles there is a glimpse of very very tiny purple, blue and gold microflakies! You can hardly see them, but it lends so much depth to your average holo polish. You can nearly see them on the edge of my thumb nail where it ever-so-slightly looks to have a purple/blue shift.



Accent nail has two coats of Essie Delicacy on - possible my most favourite sheer neutral EVER. Delicacy is so underrated. It applies like a dream, levels out incredibly well and even has a secret shimmer to it! On top of Delicacy I applied two dabbed coats of piCture pOlish Glitter Ball which is a clear-base packed with medium and small silver holo hexes. Very simple, but effective.

Indoor Natural Lighting

You can see the linear nature of Pirouette and just how holographic Glitter Ball is in this shot. It's so simple and pretty! I can see myself wearing this mani for a good long time.....right up until the next package of nail mail comes along.

Please feel free to follow me on Instagram as CottontipsNZ



(Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)


No comments:

Post a Comment