Sunday 6 April 2014

Why You So Hard To Capture Aurora!?

Weeeeell. I attempted to have a go at some nail art with piCture pOlish Aurora today. It just wasn't happening. I kid you not, that shade is HARD to take decent photos of because of how intense all the drama with the multichrome glitter is. My camera had a heart-attack every time I tried...

From Right: OPI I Lily Love You, piCture pOlish Watermelon, Candy Stud Nail Wheel from BornPrettyStore.
.




Instead of admitting defeat, I pulled out a couple of untried polishes and my wheel of neon studs! Enter piCture pOlish watermelon, OPI I Lily Love You & the candy-rainbow neon studs from BornPrettyStore.

And the result in the afternoon glow outside. It photographed way warmer than it actually is. Watermelon is a warm, nearly coral-leaning pink with a wonderfully smooth and shiny formula.


Late Afternoon Outdoor Lighting

The formula of Watermelon was wonderful! Really lovely and pigmented and SO bright! It made application a breeze. OPI I Lily Love You is a very sheer, pink polish crammed full of iridescent glitters and even flakies! It's amazing and when layered on my middle and ring fingers it really made Watermelon sing.


Indoor with Natural Light

I placed a light pink stud on my thumb, index and pinky fingers and then topcoated away with my current favourite: Orly Won't Chip. I've been finding the Won't Chip a very good, strong and fast-drying topcoat - you can really slap it on thick and it dries very shiny in no time at all!



All in all I'm okay with the mani. Not totally convinced with the pink studs, but I LOVE the glitter. That and I wasn't about to take off a second round of polish to have another go. Personally I think my camera needs to make its peace with PP Aurora because it's gonna happen either way.

P.S. I bought my Helmer and it is arriving on Wednesday and I have been bothering my Fiance nearly every hour being all "This will be so much easier when I get my Helmer. I cannot wait for my Helmer. GET IN MY HOUSE ALREADY!"



(Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)


No comments:

Post a Comment