Saturday 19 April 2014

Holy Grail Blue


Indoors with Natural Lighting
It hasn't yet been established...but I am NOT a blue polish person. I love the colour, but have never been able to find that perfect shade of blue that doesn't make my hands turn yellow. Even the tiniest hint of yellow in a blue-toned polish gives me banana hands. I had nearly resolved never to wear blue nail polish....until NOW!


I am so in love with this colour it is just not funny. Essie Butler Please, a brilliant nearly-neon blue creme with an INCREDIBLE formula! It was a dream to apply. Completely opaque in two coats, buttery smooth application and interestingly it dries to a matte finish like so many neons do. What you can see here are two thin coats topped with Orly Wont Chip and a holographic glitter accent on the ring finger.


Indoors with Natural Lighting

The colour is SO SO BRIGHT! Just stunningly brilliant blue. It is a true blue that leans every so slightly on the red end of the spectrum rather than so many that lean a turquoise. The glitter on the accent nail is Popculture Cosmetics Flutterby (discontinued shade) and is a clear glitter topper packed with teal, blue and pink holographic hexes of different sizes - it also has a healthy dose of pink and silver holographic butterfly glitters in it!


Indoors with Natural Lighting

I really recommend going to have a look at Popculture Cosmetics. Owned by the wonderful Denise, Popculture Cosmetics specialize in glitter polishes, but what is different and very pleasing is the variety within the brand. I have some that are thermal, some that are scented, jelly shades, UV reactive shades....hell, there are even glow-in-the-dark glitter polishes! Quality is always top-notch and the customer service is always wonderful - find the link to the store further down.


Outdoors with Natural Lighting

You can see here just how glossy and brilliant Butler Please is after a good layer of topcoat. Needless to say I am very happy with this blue and may have found my Holy Grail blue shade. Essie Butler Please can be found in the Winter 2012 collection and as aforementioned Popculture Cosmetics Flutterby is a discontinued shade, but that should not stop you from heading over to Denise's store to have a look at the current collections on offer!

P.S. Sadly I mangled my index finger on my swatching hand shortly after doing this mani so I don't intend on doing another post until it has healed a bit and looks less manky.....ain't no one got time for yuck fingers on nail blogs :)

Remember to follow me over on Instagram @CottontipsNZ for more nail pics....and the occasional cat photo.



(Disclaimer: All polishes and extra materials used and reviewed in this blog post were purchased and not donated for review unless otherwise stated.)


No comments:

Post a Comment